Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Ketosis Is A Thing I Am In

     Let's get this done early tonight. I got off work at 1 today, so today was pretty great. Tomorrow is going to be a different story though. We have three jobs to do. We will get them done, but it's going to take a lot longer than a 1 o'clock finish time.

     I was told yesterday that I should be prepared to move from Trainee to the full position that I'm working towards. They didn't say explicitly that I would get my vehicle this weekend or Monday, but I'm supposed to be ready for it. Which is a little weird because the other Trainee, who started a couple of weeks before me, still isn't in his own vehicle. I got to work alongside him again today. He and his mentor where in the same area as we were, so I got a good look at how his training is going. I was a little shocked that he was still doing menial work. I was doing a lot of the tougher things that have to be done, while he was still doing the bare basics. It shows that my mentor is really training me, and not just having me there as a helper. I'm happy about that. It's for that reason I was able to do that solo  job last Friday. The other trainee hasn't done a solo job yet. The company has a little bit of faith in me, and I greatly appreciate that.

     I posted this picture a couple or maybe even a few weeks ago. This was before I started my new way of eating, and going Keto. This was also peak into going down the spiral. I'm nearing the top. Anyway. This is just an example of what I looked like on the commercial end of the job, and how miserable and unhealthy I was. I have a side by side picture coming up, that
is going to show you me today, versus me a few months ago when I was at my peak weight of around 210 lbs. It's not pretty, and the crazy thing is, that picture is my profile shot on Facebook. Considering I really don't care about Facebook, I have no intention of changing things up any time soon. Even though I'm not done with the weightless, and then moving to maintenance, I wanted to share the side by side to show you how the weight loss shows in my face. It's pretty evident, so much so, that even I can see it, and I'm usually oblivious to things like that. Anyway, here is the side by side shot.


     Just look at how fat my neck was. I still have a good ways to go. My goal weight is 175 and I have 8 pounds to go to reach that, but that isn't the end of this. This will be on going. I will lose use much weight as I can in the first 28 days, and then I will shift to maintenance. I will go full extreme from time to time every few months, just to shock my system. 

     I got a blood meter from Amazon today, so that I can monitor my ketone levels. I checked it right after dinner, so my levels should be lower because of that, and they were. I hit 1.3 which is about right in the middle of where I want to be. In order to be in ketosis, you have to have a level of 1.0-3.0. I want to be closer to that 3.0. That would have me in optimum ketosis. That means that my body is burning off the fat for energy at a high level. I'm only at a moderate level right now. Not bad, but I want it to be better. 

     I plan on checking again tomorrow, right when I get home from work. That will be before my meal and should be a more accurate reading of where I am. After that I will do it on Wednesdays when I get home from work. I don't want to do it every day. I'll go mad when the levels go up and down, and I fully expect them to go up and down. I just won't be able to deal with that rollercoaster ride without having anxiety when I see them go low and then high and then back low. 

     I don't have any Favorite anything of the week. Let's just do this, My Favorite Thing Of The Week, is you, so have a great week. Mine is going pretty good. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment