Tuesday, April 2, 2019

My Team Is Better Than Yours

     I have had two short days in a row at work. Monday because the job was pulled due to the horrible measuring of our salespeople, and today because we just slayed. We completely knocked our full job out in 3 and a half hours. That's team work right there. We even had two side jobs to do before and after. I was home by 3 o'clock, which is a great thing.

     My mentor told me that he had to do a written evaluation of me, and I had a chance to look at it, but I chose not to. It's none of my business, and I'll find out soon enough when the big bossman pulls me in his office to talk about the future, and how soon I'll be in my own company vehicle. I should be driving one on Friday for that solo job that I have to do, but I don't think it will be given to me that soon. This job could depend exactly how soon I get one though, and that will mean I will be on my own, no more mentor to watch over me, and then I will be giving up the training pay and working solely on commission, and that means big money.

    Enough about work. Another trigger for the spiral is out of the picture. For now at least. It is one less thing that will hold me down, and I'm beginning to see the edge of the top of the spiral now. I'm not out yet, but I'm getting there. The new eating lifestyle is working wonders. I told you about the skin and how it's feeling better, but this week I'm feeling better as well. I can feel my energy levels not only getting back to normal, but also rising, and that is an incredible thing. I love cooking meals the Keto way, and they taste amazing. I do fancy myself a pretty good cook, but it's not just about slapping some food on a plate and going to town. I also like to create a presentation, even if it's just me eating it. I think food should not only taste good, but it should look good as well. Here's an example of my meal tonight. It was two Kobe beef patties, with butter, shredded Mexican blend cheese and Kalamata olives, with bacon wrapped asparagus on the side. If you don't know the health benefits of Kalamata olives, then you should really look them up and then give them a try. Or maybe do it the other way around. My carbs for the meal were super low, as well as my overall carbs for the day, and I don't feel run down at all. I feel quite the opposite.

     Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this, but last week I was taking 3000mg of Omega 3. This week, since my body is more balanced, I took that down to 1000mg. That is to counter the Omega 6 fats that are coming from all the meat I'm eating, but I have chosen very good meat, so I shouldn't have a large amount of Omega 6's in there. This is all in an effort to get to where I am now, and that is in Ketosis. That is when your body starts feeding off your fat stores, instead of using carbs for energy, and it is really working. I'm down another pound since Sunday, and  I won't weigh in again until Saturday. I'm hoping for another 3 pounds dropped by then. If it's more than that, I may just keel over. My goal is 175. I'm at 187 as of this morning, and that is down from my highest as of lately of 210. That was a few months ago, and Keto isn't responsible for all the weightless, but it is why I've broken through the 195 plateau. This lifestyle may not be for you, but check into it if you are struggling with weight loss, and see if it may work. You may find alternatives that work even better for you while you are doing your research.

     I'm watching my two teams play each other tonight, the RAYS and the ROCKIES. I will always root for the RAYS first, and they are killing it to start the season. They lost the home opener to the Astros, but they have gone on to win the next 4 games, and right now they are leading 4-0. I love seeing the RAYS win, and they are doing it the right way, but playing really good baseball. Good pitching, good hitting, good fielding. I hope they can maintain this all season, but it's still only the first week and there is a long way to go to get to October. Oh, and don't forget, but team is better than yours, no matter what the record is.

     I don't have a Favorite anything this week, except maybe bacon wrapped asparagus, and possibly cauliflower with buffalo sauce. Oh yeah, those are two very Keto friendly items, and you won't believe how great they are.

     I'm going to finish watching this game and then go to bed 4 am calls very quickly. Peace in and goodnight.

   

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Rays will always be your first love. But, there is a spot in your heart for The Rockies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counterfeit SquirrelApril 3, 2019 at 4:56 AM

      This is very true. I want them to do well, just not well enough to beat the RAYS.

      Delete