Sunday, April 7, 2019

Look At That

     I'll just start this off with the news you have been waiting for. The job went really well on Friday. I finished with help form my mentor, and it looked great. I learned a couple of things from this experience. I can do this job, and do it right. I also need a little more training. I'm not ready to be out on my own just yet, but maybe in a week that will change. I want to be perfect when I go out. I was good, really good in fact, but not perfect, and I expect perfection from myself when it comes to a job that pays as much as this one does.

     Speaking of the pay. I mentioned that I what I make as a trainee is what a lot of people would love to make for a living. It's good money. I made 3 days pay for Friday's job. That is three times what I would normally make in a day for one days work. That is insane kind of money, and it feels really good that I can do that. What this means is a great deal for me, Morty and my mom. With this job, they won't have to worry about any needs. I can pay for everything. I will be able to get better camera gear for better videos and pictures (when I can find the time to do either of those). It will mean security for those above as well. Let me put it this way. If I were to only work 3 days a week for a month at the pay rate, I would make more in that month than it would take me to make in 4 months at my current trainee pay. That is only 3 days a week. I will be working 5 and sometimes 6 days a week. I will make in 1 week what I now make in a month. Morty and my mom are set, and I couldn't be happier about that.

     Off the job stuff. Let's get to the lifestyle change stuff. I posted this picture on Facebook on Friday, only because I couldn't wait until today to post it for people.


     This is kind of a normal Keto meal for me. Those are 2 Kobe beef patties, with grass fed butter, shredded cheese, and Kalamata olives on top. The side is bacon wrapped asparagus drizzled with avocado oil, and season with Italian spices and a little garlic salt. Let me tell you, when I say it is good. I mean it is beyond anything you have ever had, and it's surprisingly healthy. I know it doesn't look it, but it is. I weighed in yesterday morning and I was at 183. That is down 10 pounds when I started all of this, and the weight is still coming off. I will hit my goal of 175 and potentially go beyond that. I do have plans to get back in the gym, since my energy levels are back up and even better than I felt before I started this way of eating.

     I made tacos for the fam today, and that gives me extra taco meat for my other favorite meal that I created. Taco Omelette. I know what you are thinking, "that sounds ridiculous.". It probably is, but it is really really good. Here is how you make it. Scramble your eggs, and heat up your left over taco meat. Once you have the eggs in the skillet, put some of that meat in the center of the omelette and add some baby leaf spinach and shredded cheese. Fold the omelette to your liking. Finish cooking your omelette and get it on that plate, then add shredded lettuce and more cheese with a little diced tomato. You will not regret your decision to eat this. I'm telling you right now, it will blow your mind.
Oh, I put a little butter in the skillet for that extra good fat content to balance all that protein. I don't have a picture, but maybe I'll get one this week and share it with you either Tuesday or Thursday.

     I did a TPR yesterday, and it was the first time in 2 weeks that I had an abundance of carbs. I haven't had sugar or bread of any kind during those 2 weeks. I stuck with my plan though. I had only 2 slices. I counted it as 10 net carbs for the day, and then had a solid protein and fat meal for dinner, so that I didn't explode my net carbs. I stayed in ketosis, and didn't over do the carbs, and I didn't miss those extra slices of pizza that I could have easily eaten. That is a good thing. When 28 days are up and I have that first garbage meal. I'm going to be able to get around it with no problem. This is going to work and it's going to work well. I can keep this up for as long as I live. I will add more and more vegetables in as I go, but I'll still watch the net carb count, so that I don't over do it. My hope is that I can go at least partially vegetarian. I've already looked into suitable protein substitutes, and it turns out that pea protein is one of the best sources of protein that you can consume, so that will be in my future. I can get my fats from oils and nuts (macadamia nuts are a big part of my diet now). It's possible to go Keto and do it vegetarian or even vegan. Oh, that reminds me. I tried a little thing yesterday to cover some of those chocolate cravings that I have had. I made a mug cake. This is a low carb cake that you can make in a coffee or soup mug. There is only sweetness and I used almond flour to make it, so it has no sugars or wheat in it what so ever. The one decadent part of it, is the chocolate chips, but I found vegan unsweetened chocolate chips that taste just like semi-sweet chips. Ok, it's not chocolate cake, or even close to it. Consistency wise it is great. Nice and moist and maybe the best cake you could have from that stand point, but the taste, is a different matter. It has a distinct diet anything flavor to it, with the vegan chocolate chips being a big highlight. When I make it again, I'm going to throw a few macadamia nuts in with it, to give it a little something extra. I think it will make a big difference. I'll let you know how it goes.

     That is all I have for you today. I'll keep posting you on the new lifestyle and the job as long as you keep reading. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment