Sunday, December 22, 2019

A New Kind Of Update

     Instead of doing my normal update on how things are going. I'm going to do something just a little different. I'm going to give you that update, but I just wanted to share the beauty of nature a little more.

     Since I started the garden I see this beauty on a daily basis, and some days it just goes by with little notice, but others, it explodes in unique patterns and colors. This will update you on the garden and how it is going and also spread a little joy. Will hopefully joy. I do so love looking at these plants on a daily basis, even on a rainy day like today.

     The first photo I'm going to share is a pepper plant that is really unique, not just in name but also in appearance. It is called a Fish Pepper, and it got it's name because it's first use was adding it's peppers into to fish dishes in the northeast of the U.S. It has theses beautiful variegated leaves that stand out. It freaked me out at first, because I thought it was some kind of mold or nutrient damage. When I looked it up I found out that is how it is supposed to look. I'd love to show you the peppers, but none are present now. The peppers come in several colors with deeper shades of which ever color they are in stripes up and down them. They are truly beautiful and I'll have pictures of those as soon as this little plant produces.



     The next photo is of the herb garden and how it has grown, with a close up of what a runner on a plant looks like. This is from my Chocolate Mint, which has a wonderful smell and taste. This is how these plants reproduce and spread. Mint is rather invasive, so I have to keep a closer eye on it. I don't want it getting much bigger than it is. The top of the picture is Spearmint on the left and Chocolate Mint on the right.



     The last pictures of the beauty of nature are of too flowers that will hopefully turn into fruit. I'm going to do these one at a time instead of doubling up like above. Number one is one of the flowers on the new Ghost Pepper plant. It exploded with buds and flowers within days of being replanted from its original pot from the nursery. I'm really looking forward to these pods, because I want to start making powders so that I can put a little on my food each day. More on all that a little later. Oh, I just realized I'm going to have more than two photos for you in this little beauty in nature update. I will actually have 3. Anyway, here is the Ghost Pepper flower.



     Next is another flower that I was shocked was happening so soon. This is from the Cherokee Purple which in the last week has tripled in size. It started out at about 4 inches tall and now is over a foot in height. I love the smell of tomato leaves. They have a spicy earthy nose to them that is just so relaxing and enjoyable, but the flowers are these pretty little bright yellow rays of sunshine. These will turn into dark purple/red tomatoes that are the size of the palm of your hand. I'm really looking forward to eating these beauties.



     Last of the beauty in nature photos are the Scotch Bonnets. The original two are finally after nearly a month of growth, ripening. The slow drain from top to bottom of color change, going from green to yellow. It is such a fun process to see. Each day a little more color seeps into the pod. I'm really looking forward to these, because I really want to know what they taste like, and they will be the first peppers that I've grown to ripeness.



     In my quest to get more peppers in my life. I've been mincing up the super hots that my body gave me and adding them to dishes. I have also been adding cayenne pepper to just about everything. This is where that pepper powder is going to pay off in spades. cayenne is great, but it doesn't give me that heat that I want. I've become addicted to the burn, and I'm not apologizing for it. Anyway, this was yesterday's meal. Two beef patties with 7 Pot Brain Strain and grass fed, aged white cheddar. The side was fried okra, which was out of this world good.



     It doesn't look like much, but that is a super nutrient dense meal. Let me know if you want the recipe for the fried okra. It's simple and so freaking tasty. The 7 Pot had a great heat to it, and not as bad as eating the whole thing alone, but still quite the kicker and a wonderful thermogenic effect. Once again, capsaicin pumps the adrenals, raises body temperature, and burns fat at a higher than normal rate. The burn is not just your mouth, peppers are a fat burning super food. The hotter the better, and that 7 pot is at least 1 million scoville heat units.

     It's video time. The last video I will have until I get more peppers. My buddy has some red morugas coming, so a new video should be soon. I will also have a video when the Scotch Bonnets are ready, but they are nowhere near as hot as what I'm eating now. It will just be fun to make a video of a pepper that I grew. Here is the hottest pepper I've eaten to date, and it was really really hot.



     I do hope that you enjoy these videos. As painful as it looks (and it is), these are real fun to make. Like I said, I've become addicted to the burn. It is also fun to discover the flavor of these flaming pods of death. Yes, they are ridiculously hot, but they have some very intriguing flavors that are sometimes surprising.

     This wasn't the normal update, and I'll get back to that on Tuesday, but I wanted to end this day in a positive way, and this was the best way I knew how. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment