Tuesday, December 10, 2019

I Need A Title

     In the up and down existence that is my daily life, today was at the top of the ride. Yesterday was a whole other story, but that's in the past, so let's just forget about it. My mom had her biannual check up with her heart doctor today. He said that she was in excellent shape. Her blood pressure was perfect, he was shocked that she is moving around as good as she is, considering that earlier this year she broke her hip, and the best part is, he cut one of her medications in half. That one blew my mind. I am owning it all to the diet that she is eating now. It may have not gotten a ton of mental benefits yet, but that reduction in her medication is extremely rewarding.

     Now let's talk about the garden. 



























     I can't remember if I showed you this one or not. that is how the garden basically looks right now, with a minor exception that we will talk about in a second. As you can see, the empty area now has some plants in there. Those are the cauliflower and broccoli I planted, and of course the new Marigolds are in the corner. In the little herb section right in the lower left corner is some french lavender, that smells divine. Now, to that minor difference. I have added a few pots of the new pepper seedlings, but that doesn't really matter much. What does matter is, that those Cherokee Purple tomatoes next to the Marigolds are double in size since taking that picture on Saturday. I"m so stoked about that. Those are the seedlings in the pots in the garden there on the right. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about those as well, especially after the near disaster of almost killing one of them. Here is a shot of the rest of them.





























     That isn't even the full regalia right there. I added few more pots to finish it up. I recounted and I currently have 30 different varieties of pepper plants right now, and my buddy just asked if I wanted him to start me some more seedlings. I said yes of course. I'm on a surprising pepper kick right now, and I'm actually loving it. That led me to some very non keto chips, but I made it work. That reminds me, I have to give you an update on how the current weight loss is going. I've been too busy and preoccupied with my mom to write for the website lately, so I guess I'll put it here for now, and try and get an update next Monday. Back to those chips. They are made by a company called Paqui, and they have a special chip that they call the One Chip Challenge. It is one chip that is made with Carolina Reaper. It's supposed to be the hottest chip on the planet. Anyway, you can't get the one chip right now, but you can win one, through a bag of two of their other line of chips. The one I choose, was the hottest available on the market called Haunted Ghost Pepper.


     You know those Blazin' Hot Cheetos? Those used to be way to hot for me. I couldn't eat them, not one of them. I dug into these (well only 6 chips, that was my keto limit) and devoured them like they were nothing. The most irritating thing about them was the spicy dust. It would scatter when I bit down on it, and cause me to cough. Other than that, they were nothing, and I was a little disappointed. This also is leading me to believe that the One Chip Challenge isn't going to be all they are making it out to be either. You saw the video on Sunday of me eating the 7 pot brain strain. I've done two more peppers since then, both of them morugas. The first was the yellow, which is supposed to be 1.2-2 million on the scoville scale. It was scorching hot, but it had this crazy juicy fruit flavor in the front of it. I'm actually looking forward to eating it again. Oh, I decided to post that video next Sunday, and the one I shot next week the following Sunday. Last night was the chocolate moruga. That was a whole other level. It is supposedly the same SHU, 1.2-2 million. This one had to be at the high end of that scale. My hands began vibrating. You couldn't see it, but that is what it felt like. I also lost feeling in my hands. With both peppers, I made it around 30-40 minutes before drinking anything. The lesson out of this. Chocolate varieties of these peppers are demons. This one and the chocolate habanero, simply attack without abandon. It hurts, and it hurts real bad. This one last night woke me up at 12:30 last night with my stomach in knots. I got up and walked around and had a glass of water. It went away after about 20 minutes or so. The chocolate moruga scorpion is no joke. Oh, did I forget to mention that the full name has scorpion in it? That should have told me everything I needed to know. The picture on the right is the chocolate moruga scorpion. I had the one on the right. It maybe small, but it beat the snot out of me.

    Now for more garden news. I got a great picture today of the Red Cherries. They are growing at a good rate, and more of them pop up every day. Just look at those beauties. I'm hoping they will be ready by the end of the week, but everything is ripening slowly. There is a hidden one that is probably twice the size of the ones in the photo, and should be the closest to being ready to turn. I want to taste them, like yesterday. I counted at least 20 tomatoes growing on that little plant there, and there are new ones each day. I found two more this morning, and there are several flowers on it, that should produce more tomatoes in the coming days. Pretty exciting right? It is to me. I've watched this plant grow from a tiny 4 in plant to what it is now. More exciting than that, is when the pop from a seed. I've already showed you my two peppers and chives that have popped, but remember that chocolate chestnut tomato? You know, the crazy brown one. well I took a few seeds out of it, and planted them the same night I had it. One of them has popped and since I took this photo this morning, it has doubled in size and has two leaves forming.


     Pretty cool right. As soon as it gets some true leaves on it, I'm going to repot it, and then wait for it to get sun ready. When it does it's going in the main garden near the herbs. I have a space for that and the Tongues of Fire. Those are the green beans with red splotches on them. That one hasn't popped yet, but I only planted it a few days ago. Really this tomato shouldn't be up yet, but it miraculously is. I'm not going to complain about it at all. I'm just going to enjoy the thrill of growing a plant from a seed out of a tomato I ate, to a full blown plant that will produce more tomatoes for me to eat.

     I still have a few more peppers that I'm going to get seeds from and try to start them as well. For now the is all the super hots that I have to eat. My buddy and I are going to split the lone Reaper that he has grown and make a video of it. The Carolina reaper is scaled at anywhere from 1.4-2.2 million SHU. That is going to be hot no matter what level we get. It should be a real fun video to make. I laugh like crazy at each video he sends me. He spits out some great one line quotes. I just can't seem to talk a lot of the time, because my throat and mouth are burning so much. I honestly believe I can eat that pepper and survive it now. I've made it through some of the hottest peppers on the planet so far, and I'm still here to type this out for you today.

     Favorite Song of the Week is coming from a Saturday Night Live performance. This one was on this past weekend and it's coming from the world of rap. I love old school rap, and don't like a lot of the new stuff, but this is outstanding stuff. I'd never heard of this artist before. This performance wan't only great from an auditory stand point, it was also visually stimulating, due in part to Jabbawockeez. Those are the dancers around him in the white masks. I've been a fan of them since the first time I saw them. They move with static inhuman ability. Here is DaBaby with his hit song "Suge"



     I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did. It was just fun. That's all I have for tonight. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment