Thursday, January 30, 2020

Then There's Maude

     I really have no idea what to write about tonight. The last couple of days have been nominal at best. Rather boring to be frank. I do have some news about Baby Girl. I'm a little worried about her. She was acting a little strange and clingy last night, and I found out why this morning. Her right ear is swollen like a hematoma, and it's spread down the side of her face. I'm keeping a close eye on it, and hoping the swelling will go down, but there is some slight bleeding going on as well. I've been cleaning it and putting a warm compress on it from time to time, to help it out. I had some left over antibiotics from before, so I gave her half a pill this morning, I'll do that each day until I think it's not improving or getting worse, then it's to the vet. She has been through so much in her life, that I only want her to be healthy. It breaks my heart seeing her this way. She seems pretty comfortable now, which is good. That could be a positive sign. I'll keep you up to date.

     I'm doing a test run for the Pepper in a can contest. I made another can added the soil mix that I plan on using and planted some poblano seeds in it from the poblanos I got for the grocer store last week. This will be awesome on two fronts if it works. I find out that my soil mix is good and ready to go for the 11th, and I get a start on a poblano plant, which will give me fresh poblanos to stuff.


     I'm excited about this contest, cause it's something I've never done before. Listen, my life is real boring now, so I got take what I can and make it exciting.

     I finally got a good picture of a pepper blossom today. I think they are so beautiful for tiny little flowers that produce pods of lethal heat. This is from the Rainforest plant. I can't remember how hot it is, but I think it's in the 100,000 SHU level. I'll have to look it up before I actually eat one. Over the last few days, this plant has exploded with buds and flowers. This one was wide open and in a good position to get a shot of it. They normally hang down, so it's difficult to get a good angle.






































   That plant currently has two small pepper pods on it, so it's look like it might be prolific. There are at the very least 15 other buds forming. I'm hoping this is a tasty pepper, cause I'm going to have a bunch of them.

     I don't have any pictures of the Cherokee Purple, but I counted 25 live tomatoes on them today. That doesn't include buds and flowers. I'm going to be up to my knees in tomatoes soon, and I couldn't be happier about that. I might have to finally look up how to make salsa. I'll put my own spin on it, since I don't like cilantro and I know that is an ingredient in most salsas. Never been a fan of salsa, but maybe if I make my own, I'll love it. I'm all up for just eating the tomatoes with a little salt and pepper on them as well.

     Ok, let's talk about a couple of Netflix shows. I watched the first season of AJ and the Queen, and loved it. It was co created by RuPaul, who plays a drag queen that gets conned out of her life savings that she was going to use to open her own club. She goes on a tour to recoup some of the money and pay off the joint credit card that she had with the conman, when she finds AJ stowing away in the back. AJ is a 9 or maybe 10 year old little girl that is running away from her drug addled mom to live with her grandfather. She's foul mouthed and fantastic. You really get caught up in the blossoming relationship between AJ and Ruby Red, that's RuPaul's drag name in the show. If you want a heartwarming story with a lot of laughs, give it a try, you won't regret it.

     I started watching the 3 part of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I love very installment of this show thus far. It's fun in the language they use since they are centered around being satanists. That means instead of "hell's bells", its "heaven's bells, and "for heaven's sake", is "for hell's sake". It just fun to see a twist in roles. That's kind of like a series of books I've read were the villain is actually the good guy, and vice versa. It's brilliant writing, and not easy to do. You have to forget yourself and write from the point of view of the character, otherwise you will naturally slip up due to your own cultural conceptions. This season, or part, Sabrina becomes the Queen of Hell as the Dark Lords heir. I'm only a couple of episodes in so far, and it's just as good as it has always been. This time it looks like the big baddy is going to be the old gods, but I'm still too early to really know what is going on. I just know that a traveling carnival is in town and they just sacrificed a guy to grow a plant that is more than likely going to end up being some superior being. I should point out, that even though the show is flipped when it comes to a religious stand point. Sabrina and her family and friends are naturally good characters. Good as in morally good. One of Sabrina's tasks as Queen of Hell is to collect damned souls. When she finds out that I kid killer keeps stalling by offering sacrifices, she out foxes him and sends him to hell to be punished in extreme ways. Once again, if you want a fun show with a cultural twist, give CAOS a try.

     Well, I think I did pretty good despite the fact that I had no idea what to write about tonight. I'll keep you updated on Baby Girl on Sunday, and maybe I'll have more to say then. I'm not expecting much to happen between now and then, but life has many unexpected changes. Peace in and goodnight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment