Thursday, July 19, 2018

Pain And Glory

     I have been in pain since Tuesday evening. There is something going on with my abdomen, and I'm not sure what it is. It's a dull pain that hasn't diminished and quite possibly has gotten a bit worse. I'm not overly worried yet, but don't ever look online for potential diagnosis. I typed in abdomen pain and everything came up cancer. This feels more like it is in the abdominal muscle as opposed to being internal, so It could be just muscle fatigue, but I don't know why that would be. I'll see how it feels in the morning. If it gets worse, then I may have to go to a doctor or something, but if it remains the same, I'm really not sure what I'll do about it.

     There are more things to talk about other than my stomach. I did more work on improving the PR on all platforms. It's not perfect, but it is as perfect as I know how to get it. I cleaned up the Instagram, reorganized Facebook, enhanced Twitter, and did a few additions to YouTube. The Instagram make over seemed to work out the best. We got more followers yesterday and today, so that is something.

     I have been doing a little research as well, and it appears that of the top pizza related blogs, we are getting similar and sometimes better numbers than they are, and they are on a national scale. To me, that means that when we start getting a national audience, we will be getting some pretty big numbers. I also found out, that what we are doing as far as the writing goes, is on par with everyone else, but we can improve on the picture we take, so that is the next focus, and I have something on it's way that is going to help out in that area, more on that a little later. As far as videos go, no one is doing what we are doing. There is the occasional pizza review for what ever big chain has a new pizza, but no one is going out and actually going independent pizza shops and letting people now how they taste. We have a unique product with content that is only getting better each time we do it. I think we really have something here. We just have to find our audience, and I think that will be coming.

     Now for that little bit about the thing that is on it's way. I went ahead and ordered that new camera. If you are reading this on Friday as opposed to Thursday night when I post it, the new camera will probably already be here. It is a Canon T7i, I got it in the video creator kit series so that it comes with a directional mic and a SD card. I also threw in an extra battery. This isn't just going to be for video making though, I'm going to start getting back into my photography, and this will help bring you much better pictures of some of the things I want to shoot. I will be able to manipulate the focus and exposure so that the pictures will have a more artistic feel than what I can do with a phone. For the time being this camera is going to be used for Counterfeit Squirrel stuff. Once I figure out the ins and outs of filming with it, that is when I will bring it into the fold of the PR. I might just start doing life vlogs with the camera when I need a quick easy video. Which I do need to make one for Sunday. I still don't have anything for this week yet. I could do an unboxing video of the camera. I don't know yet. I have a few ideas that I could do within the next couple of days. It won't be the big video I want to do yet. I'm do need to work on that. It's going to take some time to get the footage I want and then put it together, but soon.

     Speaking of videos, I did release one yesterday, that was a short little life update, and to talk a little about the logo. I'm hopefully going to go tomorrow and talk to a place about making the stickers of the new logo. I found a couple of places where I could get them done online, but I want to support a local business and have them made somewhere around here. Remember to support local businesses when you can. Anyway, here is that video.



     I went a little punk rock for the music, and I like the way it came out. It was a very simple edit, but I did learn a few new tricks while creating this one. Sometimes the simple ones teach you the most.

     Chapter 12 of The Patchwork Knight goes up tomorrow on Medium, don't forget to check that out. I will have Chapter 36 up on Saturday right here for you reading pleasure.

     That's all I have tonight. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment