Sunday, July 29, 2018

Took The Last Two Days Off, Kinda

     This weekend was meant to be very relaxing for me, and it was, but I couldn't stop looking at the numbers for the recent PR. Here is the thing. The last two posts, I've boosted on Facebook. What that means is, that I pay a small fee, to have the post go to an audience that isn't exactly in our orbit. An attempt to expand our base if you will. This time, I didn't boost the post, here is what I found. The two posts that I boosted reached a combined 1900 people which lead to a grand total of 25 clicks. That means, of those 1900 people that saw the post, only 25 of them clicked on the link to watch the videos. The last post that went up, which was Little Z's, reached 320 people on it's own. I can't track how many people actually clicked on the link because I can't get that info unless I pay for it, but I can tell you that the Little Z's video is about to out perform the last video that we boosted. I'm not sure what is different except that I asked people to share the video or the blog post. I do believe that that is the reason it is performing so well. I have to thank you for taking the time to share the video or blog. It is helping out a great deal, Actually a great deal more than having Facebook promote it on Facebook and Instagram. This is exactly how I wanted the PR to grow from the beginning, from people that watch it and share it. That is the true audience that we are after. Once again, thank you.

     I did see Antman and The Wasp on Friday, and it was everything I hoped it would be. It's funny, and entertaining. That is all I wanted from it. I've fallen away from seeing the whole string of stories in the Marvel Universe. I did finally see the latest Thor movie, but that was when it showed up on TV. I'm going to do the same with Infinity War as well. I don't know if I just want to go out and see every movie as it hits the theaters anymore, with the exception of the ones I really want to see. I'd say go see it, but I don't think it will be in theaters much longer than this week. If you haven't seen it, wait until it hits TV.

     I did ride yesterday with a couple of friends, it was a short ride, but I did get to test the GoPro with the lens filter on it. The footage looked pretty good, but it wan't worth making a video out of it. I do have footage from today's ride, but I won't know if a video is worth making out of it, until I load it up on the computer. I'm almost betting it won't be, but I do plan on making a video tomorrow morning. It will be another Morning Photo Ride. I'm only going to go to one location in this one, but I'm using the new camera, so I should get some dynamic pictures. That is the hope at least. I may save that for a Sunday release instead of doing it midweek. I have some ideas for a midweek video.

     After yesterdays ride, I did lift Saki up on the old Skylift and cleaned it off, so that it will look good for the photoshoot. I took a picture of it in the air, rather artsy like, and then I got one after it was all spic and span.



     Those were both with the phone and not the new camera. I plan on saving that for the big stuff with the video coming up. The lighting on the second one looks cool because it is all neon light from my "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" sign. I light that up whenever I'm out for a ride or doing anything with Saki, and I do find cleaning to be very fun, especially when you can lift it three feet in the air.

     Despite riding today, Saki is still clean and prepped for tomorrows photoshoot. In the meantime, you can watch the video that I posted today. It's another in the Remember When series, and this one takes me back to the High School days. I have one more of the series ready to go, but I have a bunch more that I want to do, so I may just do some of those this week as well. Here is Remember When (The Pits).



     There is not a whole lot to do with making theses videos, but they are fun. It's always fun to take a look back, and I have some little funny memories coming up.

     I didn't do much writing this weekend and no painting was done, but I hope to get about 5 chapters of The Patchwork Knight written this week. I still have one chapter ready to go for this coming Saturday. I want to get a lot of work done not he painting this week, but that may get put on the backburner because of all the other things I want to do. I do have a PR tasting coming up on tuesday, that will be two of them ready to go with two weeks before another one gets launched, and I'm really looking forward to sharing the next one with you. These last two have been exciting for me, because I want people to see them, because I think they are they best we have done yet. It's kind of like when you have a good present for someone and you can't wait for them to open it. It's like that.

     That's all I have for you tonight. I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my evening, and watch some Dark Matter on Netflix. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment