Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Hectic Schedules Can Be Good Things

     I take my voting for AGT seriously. The second round of the semi-finals was tonight, and like last week, it was starting out bad. Last week was kind of a bust for me. I found some acts that I liked more than others, so I gave them my vote. Yes, I have the app, just so I can vote. This week, the first four acts were not semi-final material. They are all talented, but when it gets to this point in the season, the acts tend to resemble hardened professionals, and that just wasn't the case for this semi's.

     The night did pick up though, and it came to a climax with the final act of the night, which is my pick to win it all, and that is the young girl that sounds like the reincarnation of Janis Joplin. Courtney Hadwin is her name, and she is quirky and fantastic. She lets the music just take hold of her and she is going to be something special. When she is on the stage, she is the only one that matters, She works the stage and the crowd as if she were Mick Jagger. When she isn't singing though, she is the quietest little lamb in the yard. She never expected to get this far, she even said so as the show was closing. My guess, based on her little video pieces that they show, she didn't expect to make it past the audition. She talked about how she is the weird kid that no one gets. She just needed to find her audience, and I think she finally has.

     I have been outstandingly productive this week, this comes on the heels of panic. I was watching the chapters pile up on Medium and how they are quickly catching up to what I have released on here. Chapter 28 is going live on Friday on Medium and Chapter 44 I believe is going live on her on Saturday. That may seem like a big gap, but you have to consider that Medium is going 2 for every 1 on here. It froze me, and I couldn't write all of last week. Writing is funny like that, when you need to do it, you will never be able to. That is what I was going through last week, but I sat down yesterday and went back to my last completed chapter to remember what I had wrote to get my train of thought going, and boom, I was writing. I finished two chapters in one sitting and was ready to start on the next one, but I had some place to go. I will write again either tomorrow or Thursday, and hopefully get two more chapters done. If I can possibly keep this pace up, then I won't be worried when Medium catches up to here. I will be able to add a release day on here, just so I can stay ahead of Medium. I owe it to you to allow you to see the rough draft first, and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that happens.

     On to that place I had to go. Funny thing, I can't tell you about that, other than to say it involved the secret project. Tomorrow I should be 95% done with phase one of the secret project. I already began phase two, but only as far as I could go with it. I still need to hit that 95% mark before I can really work on phase two. I say 95% because there is something I will need to hit 100%, but I have to wait on other people for that, and I have no control of it. The good news is, that I can get phase two nearly completed without having phase one done, but I will need to have it all completed by Tuesday of next week, that is when phase three can begin, and I can actually tell you about what this secret project is.

     I also managed to go out and film and then edit two videos today. The first one will go up tomorrow and you can see what I thought of this burger here.


     I know you expect to hear all about it right here, but I have to get views on my videos some how, so If you want to know all about that burger and where I got it, you will just have to check it out tomorrow, or wait until I can post on here Thursday.

     As I said, I finished two videos today, the other one will come out Sunday morning, and it got me thinking, that I should be able to get a bunch of videos in the can so that can be back ahead on that. I've been staying about 4-5 chapters ahead on The Patchwork Knight, but I have fallen behind on the video, mostly because writing, and TPR has been taking up a bunch of my time. There is also the secret project that has been taking up a very large part of my time, but like I said earlier, next Tuesday should be the end of all of that, and I can get back to a somewhat normal schedule. I'm not complaining about a hectic schedule, it's just that I had to sacrifice doing somethings to keep up, and the videos were those things, but I still managed to keep up for the most part with my schedule of every Sunday and alternate Wednesdays, except of one Wednesday. From now on, until I have to actually change my schedule, I will stick to that, and have something on those days for you to see. Whether it is a really short video updating you on what's going on, or maybe a drone video, which I haven't done in some time now. I have a few ideas for some of those, so I could have 3 videos with the drone in the future. Those take a little more work, because I have to transport the drone and then set it up. The whole set-up and tear-down process adds about a half hour to the filming. Plus I have to go to location where I can fly without being disturbed or disturbing others.

     I've rather  verbose tonight, so let's get to Favorite Song of the Week. This is from, well, I'm not sure if it's a DJ or a band, but it features a bunch of other artist, so I'm going with DJ. It is LSD featuring: Sia, Diplo, Labrinth. I only really know Sia and Diplo but all together they came up with a great and catchy song. You may have heard it on a commercial on TV. I can't remember the product ate is being sold, but I can remember the song. Her is LSD, featuring all those people above with "Thunderclouds".



     Ok, I feel really stupid now. While watching the video again, I realized that LSD is the initials of the artists involve. L= Labrinth, S= Sia, D= Diplo. I can't believe I'm that dumb. I did figure it out though and that would make them a band. Ha! Anyway as if it needs to be mentioned. The dancing Sia is non other than Maddie Ziegler, the young girl that has been representing the face of Sia since the Chandelier video. I don't know if I can watch a Sia video without her in it now.

     That is all I have for you tonight. Peace in and goodnight.

1 comment: