Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Imagination Is A Wonderful Thing

     Big announcement, I'm going to Universal tomorrow. Ok, it's not really a big announcement, but I am going. I'm looking at it as a fact finding adventure tomorrow. It is all about finding stories in the world around you. I had an idea recently of doing my own wizard like story. Modern time wizards and how they would be in this world. I know that Harry Potter is somewhat modern times, but it is an oddity with the when it is in time. You could look at it as it's own reality, which it is, and that reality doesn't coincide with our own. It is similar in that things that we have, they have, but there version of them are set in a much older time than now. Does that make any sense? I know in my head it does, but I'm not sure of how to convey it properly. Anyway, that is why I'm going to just immerse myself in Diagon Alley and Hogwarts, I want to make believe that I am a wizard in a modern world and how that all relates around me.

     Have I ever mentioned that I get most of my ideas in this sort of way. It's all daydreaming and make believe, but a lot of times, I have to mimic the experience. No, not actually try to create the experience, but see it in my head as I'm walking around. Yes, I do realize that makes me sound like a psychopath, but it is all in my head. The Patchwork Knight, I had an idea for it years ago. I would walk around work and go through things in my head as I was walking around. I would see the forest and mountainsides. People in a different world would interact with me. That is how I'm able to explain the surroundings of these places. I have been purposely vague with descriptions in The Patchwork Knights and there is a reason for that, but I won't divulge that little bit of information until the very end, so you will have to wait on that, but in the meantime, that is why tomorrow is going to be my walking around in a make believe world, trying to see an entire other world within in.

       On a slightly related note. I have been continuing work on the wand stand. I finished all the sanding and stained it, and I am now in the process of oiling it. This is more than likely going to be the longest part of the whole thing. I have to put the oil on in very thin layers, and the wood soaks the oil up, and I have to put another coat on. It's going to take some time to get enough oil on it, for it to stay on the surface. Here is what it looks like at this point. Oh, and these are right after the second coat of oil, so the surface is shiny from the oil.
























       I got the front and back, and the side to side shots, so you can see the entire thing. I haven't put the wand in it, since staining, so I have no idea how it looks in it. I'm hoping that it will look good, but I'm worried now, that it's going to contrast too much. I have to wait, until I'm done with all the coats of oil though. I personally, think it looks great, but I'm biased.

     I began watching a new series on Netflix, and it is great. It's an animated series called The Dragon Prince. It has a sort of Avatar the Last Airbender vibe to it, but that could just be the animation. It is about two boy princess and an elf assassin that end up being friends who are trying to stop a war between humans and elves. I can't remember which episode I'm on, I think I watched 6 of them tonight, maybe more, but it is really good. It's fun and full of action, with a really good story line.

     I have a new video going up tomorrow at noon. I'll be at Universal so I won't be able to share it until I get home though. I need your help. This video is asking for your help on what Sunday's video will be. I have three choices for you, and you can choose between them. Majority rule on this one, so the most votes gets the video. I will do the video on either Thursday, or Friday, and have it all cut and ready on Sunday morning. The video is only like 2 minutes long, so now excuses for not watching the whole thing, and giving me a vote.

     No FSOTW this week. I've been really busy with the wand stand and other things, so I haven't had time to even think about any particular song this week. You'll just have to pick your own favorite song this week. I'm off to bed, so that I can be well rested for my imaginary adventure tomorrow. Yes, I still have the cough, no it's not as bad as it was. Peace in and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment