Sunday, September 30, 2018

All The Votes Were Counted, Here's The Winner

     I have been out of it all day. I'm not really sure what it is. It could be the cough, or it could just be general exhaustion. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I wake up constantly during the night, and still rise rather early in the morning. Maybe that has just caught up with me.

     Well, I didn't get any more than that one vote for where to make a video for today, so that one vote won the prize. I went to the Ice Cream Shoppe & Cafe. It was good, and well worth going to, but I would have liked a little competition for the video that I made.



     Tomorrow turns the calendar over to October, and that means Halloween. I think I'm going to prepare early this year, and go around to several different cemeteries for my halloween video. We have a couple of rather old cemeteries in this area, and it could be interesting to just take a walk through them. I won't do it at night, since most of them don't allow admittance after dark, so this one won't be spooky, but it should be fun. I think I'll start putting that one together this week. I know of three really old cemeteries in the area, two of them on Merritt Island and one in Cocoa. They are all very small, so I should get some decent footage for a short video.

     A friend of mine enjoyed my woodworking skills for my wand stand so much, that she has asked me to attempt to make her a totem pole. I'm feeling up to the challenge. I don't know why I don't find it daunting, but I don't. I think it will be fun. There are a few problems though. I need to find a piece of wood big enough. Six feet tall, and at least a foot and a half in diameter. Then the next problem is how do I transport that.

     Here is the plan of attack once I have the wood though. I get the bulk of the wood out of the way with my chainsaw. I need to buy some chisels for the carving part of it all, and then I will use the Dremel and hand sanding for the fine tuning of it all. I'm sure I will have to do other things in order to get it all done, but I will cross those bridges when I get to them. I honestly have no idea if I can pull this off, but I'm going to give it a try. What do I have to lose other than time? I will gain so much more in knowledge having attempted it.

     I ordered the GoPro Hero 7 Black yesterday. I probably shouldn't have done it, but if the image stabilization is as good as it claims to be, it will be worth it in the end. Yesterday was the final day of preorders. It went on direct sale today, so I'm hoping to get mine this week, but it could take longer. I do plan on making a comparison video when I get it in. I will shoot video with the two different cameras I have and do side by side comparison. I'm hoping that video will be a big draw for viewers. My AGV helmet review is still the highest viewed video I have with over 5000 views on it. I think being an early video of the Hero 7 could be a big thing. I'm hoping anyway.

     I had planed to write all weekend, but my mind has just not been into it. I just haven't been in the mood to write The Patchwork Knight, that is going to have to change tomorrow though. I want to get 3 chapters done this week, so I will be forcing myself to write. I have an eye appointment on Tuesday, so that day will be pretty much shot after I go there, and then on Wednesday I am doing another review for TPR. I can maybe get a chapter in before that day as well. If I write Monday through Wednesday morning, I will hit my three chapter mark. I know the reason I'm not up for writing. I have to do some tragedy in the upcoming chapters, and I'm not sure that I'm up for it yet, but I have to be. Chapters like this always get very emotional for me. As I have said many times, I have an empathic attachment to my writing. I feel the emotions that I write about. I see the faces, and what they are going through, so this is going to be rough, but I have to do it. It is a driving force behind the story, and needs to be done.

     I'm done for today. I'm going to go make a turkey sandwich, and then vegetate in front of the TV until Fear the Walking Dead comes on. Tomorrow is a new day for writing and killing characters. Huzzah! Peace in and goodnight.

2 comments: