Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Don't Believe The Hype, Wait, Believe It, It's Going To Be Huge

     It's going to be a strange week. For many reasons really, and some I can't talk about right now, but I'll get around to it when the time is right. Baby Girl Gauge has her ear appointment on Thursday, to see how her treatment is affecting her. I can say that she is doing much better from a visual stand point, but I have no idea what is going on internally, so that is what the appointment is for. If everything is good, she can start her heartworm treatment and she will finally be on the last steps of her health issues. I'm looking forward to that.

     I'm goin to attempt to get everything for the outdoor pull-up bar tomorrow, and it is going to be an adventure. I'm going to have to strap the two very long boards to the roof of my car. I have three ratchet straps that I'll place strategically around the car and the 4x4's in the hopes that I can get them home without incident. That is going to be the tough part, everything else should be easy peasy. I'll try to remember to take photos of the whole train wreck of a process, so you can see how it all goes down.

     I'm still putting thought into the Keto based website that i'm thinking about doing. I may just suck it up and start the site this weekend. If you have any recommendations for website builders, let me know. I'm looking at Squarespace right now, but if there is something out there better, I'll jump all over it. I want it to look good an eye-catching. It will be primarily a blog that I can post videos and different elements to it. I want to inform the less informed. I have been rather successful with Keto so far, and I have seen a lot of misinformation out there. People are still getting results from this info, but it isn't the results they could be getting, and I believe that their results won't last because of things they are doing. One video I watched showed a couple making a "keto" pizza, and a when it got the part where they were putting the sauce on, the recipe called for an unsweetened tomato sauce. They forwent that and added a pizza sauce that they like which was full of sugar. Now, you can do that, and you can have success with losing weight, but when it comes to maintaining a Keto lifestyle, it won't fly. You will eventually continue using more and more sugar since you know you are getting away with it for now. They basically started eating a little healthier, and reduced their calories. That's not Keto. It's a way to lose weight, but it is irresponsible to tell people that why will have a lot of success doing that, and maintaining that success. 

     This new site will be my honest take on Keto, and how I've done it, with advice for anyone who wants to follow it. I will give warnings about results when it comes to doing some of the extreme things that I have done, and I'll continue to test out things, like doing some more long term fasting, and calorie deficit weeks. I'll be honest about the results, and I will tell you exactly how miserable I felt while doing it. I plan on doing a video a week to start with, which will be more like a lifevlog at first, and then I'll add in some workouts, and recipes as I go, and as I see it grow. 

     Speaking of all that healthy stuff. I ended my 36 hour fast today at 38.8 hours. I did this one a little different, and it basically sucked. I decided that I was only going to allow myself water, and it did a number on me. Normally I would make sure that I add salt either in my water, or just down it straight, to help out the electrolytes, and I would also take my normal minerals since they don't have any caloric effect on the body. I didn't do that this time, and from hours 12 to 26, I was feeling pretty crappy. at about hour 28 I broke down and had some Matcha, which doesn't break my fast, but since it is made from green tea leafs, it has a natural appetite suppressant in it. It got me through the night, which wasn't restful since there was a storm and Morty is terrified of storms. He kept me up half the night so I woke rather lazily.  Best laid plans and all. That's how it goes, but I made it, and I'm ready for another 24 starting Thursday afternoon. Mind you, these fast aren't meant for weightless. Yes, that is a benefit of them, but it is mostly about resetting my body chemistry and giving my internal organs a break from working over time. It's part of that whole reversing time thing. On a cellular level that is. Despite the fact that I woke up tired from lack of sleep, I felt otherwise fantastic. I was ready to go, and even though I could have eaten as soon as I woke, since 36 hours was at 5 in the morning. I managed to weight an hour or two longer, and it was only when I thought about the fact that I hand't eaten yet, that I remembered I could. 

     I think this site is going to be fun to do, and I hope that people respond well to it. It can be my way to help people achieve some of their goals, and that will make me happier than achieving my own goals. Now let's get to Favorite Song of the Week. This was a hard one this week, since I had several songs to choose from, but in the end, I'm sitting an old and forever favorite to the side(until next week) and I'm posting a current all time favorite. If you guessed that it was going to be a song by Twenty One Pilots, you would be right. The just released a new video this past week, and it is outstanding. This is one of my favorite songs from the album and this video basically tells the story of them up until this point in time. It's a fun video and takes me back to those early days when I was watching them as openers and in small venues. I give to you, Twenty One Pilots and their song The Hype



     When I have a web address I'll get it to you as soon as I can until then, you can ask me any question that you want, just send me to an email to that address at the top of this page. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment