Thursday, September 19, 2019

I'm At It Again

     I'm trying out another baking recipe, and I won't be able to taste it until tomorrow. I'm right in the middle of a 36 hour fast, so what else would I do other than baking a tasty treat. I modified a peanut butter cookie recipe to make it keto and vegan. I don't know how the vegan part is going to work out. The only thing in the recipe that I didn't have a substitute for was a large egg. I used two tablespoons of vegan mayo instead. I've heard of people using mayo in cake recipes and what not, so I figured I could use that as the binder. The first batch didn't bind well, so I did the second batch a little different in how I placed them. Normally you just place a ball of dough on the sheet and it flattens as it bakes. For the second batch I flattened the balls out so they would cook more evenly and the result is below.

     If this works out, I'll put the recipe up on the website tomorrow, since I don't have an article written yet. I already have the breakdown worked out, and the macros are once again almost perfect. My only concern is the binding at this point, so I'll just have to wait and see. The second batch is cooling as I write this. I'm going to let them sit for a half hour before putting them in a container. I'll know then if they are going to hold together. If they don't I need to find a vegan egg substitute. I'll of course put the recipe up for vegan and non vegan. I know the egg would definitely make the difference if they don't hold together.

     The new TPR is up right now, and it is the debut of Guy on his own. I already got a comment on the video saying that I was missed. I thought it would be a few videos before anything like that would happen, but there you have it. Here is the video so you can check it out yourself.



     He also wrote the piece. I only went back and corrected a few things and omitted odd narrative choices. I did make him go back and rewrite it from his standard "What I did on summer vacation" essay. I think he did a pretty good job. I guess it is up to our followers to feel the same way.

     So far, the video is doing ok despite the fact that the link on Facebook has no thumbnail pictured on it. I'm not sure if that is YouTube or Facebook that is causing that, but they need to get their stuff together. It's definitely costing us views. Who wants to click on a link of a gray bar with YouTube on it?

     I'm going to make this short, because Baby Girl Gauge is staring at me and grumbling. She has been doing this a lot lately. She is craving serious attention lately. For such shy girl when she first got here, now she's a bossy little lady. Ok, I'm out, enjoy your weekend and I'll tell you how the cookies came out on Sunday, unless the recipe goes up on the site, in which case you can check it out there. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment