Thursday, September 12, 2019

I'm A Master Baker, Hey No Vulgar Pun

     I am 35 hours into a 48 hour fast right now, and I officially crossed out of the 160's into the 150's. I still have 13 hours before I can eat, which I'm looking forward to, but I'm feeling really good right now. I had big plans yesterday for an afternoon meal and when it came time for it, I just wasn't hungry, so I started my fast a few hours early. I only had a late breakfast that was decent in size, but I should have been hungry when I had planned for it. Not really complaining, just showing you that listening to your body always works out right.

     I joined a Facebook group for this 30 day keto challenge I'm doing, and it has been interesting to say the least. There are a lot of people trying keto for the first time, and I'm already seeing a lot of them making those mistakes that I made. They watched Thomas DeLauer's video, but they can't stick to it, and keep falling off. Sugar addiction is a real thing, and it was the thing I struggled with in the beginning, but once you kick it, your eyes will open to an entirely different world. I've been passing along knowledge in the group and encouraging people with my own story, to show them that they can do it as well. I haven't promoted the website there, even though I have seen others do similar things. I just don't feel it's right when it is someone else's party. It would be a quick way to get a few followers, but it's not worth it.

     I do believe I am beginning to develop a bond with the owner of double under wonder. We have been commenting on each others posts in the 100 Days of Discipline group. He is a good guy and write some really great newsletters for the company. I told him as much. He is considering doing another 100 days after this one is done with new goals. I told him I would have to think about what three new goals I would want to do, but I was in. This is going to be a struggle, since I have already changed so much about myself and my health, but I'm going to give it a lot of thought and come up with 3 new ones.

    Speaking of those goals, I mentioned in my last update in the group, that I am now drinking over a gallon of water a day since switching over to only water and green tea. It turns out a small goal can become something huge in a very short while if you stick to it.

     I watched an interesting documentary tonight called The Magic Pill. It's about the ketogenic diet, and how it is really helping people change their lives. I won't go into detail here, because I think it will be an article this coming week on the website, but if you have Netflix, and you are thinking about taking my lead and going keto, you may want to give it a watch.

     I possibly developed a really good snack (please don't really snack, when I say snack I mean more of a dessert type food) that is not only super keto, but also vegan.





























     This is a test sheet, I say test sheet because I don't have the proper pans to make actual cups, of Peanut Butter Cups w/ Macadamia Crumbles. I got to thinking the last two days about what I could do that would be keto and candy like. I keep seeing all these companies selling stuff that they say is healthy and keto and when I look at the nutritional facts on the package, they are complete garbage. I took a little of my now how and creativity and came up with this. I must give credit for the Macadamia nuts on it to Elie. I wasn't thinking that way and she misheard me say macadamia nut oil and thought it was just he nuts, so I ran with it. It's basically peanut butter, olive oil butter, swerve (sugarless sweetener) macadamia nut oil, almond milk, sugarless dark chocolate morsels, and monk fruit. It is sitting the fridge right now. I have not eaten any of it, since I'm on that 48 hour fast, but it smelled really good. I can't wait to try it tomorrow after my meal which is going to be super clean. If it all works out, I'm going to do it again, and make them cups and have only monk fruit and no swerve in it. I do have the breakdown on nutritional value, but I'll save that for the recipe article. I did put them up in a Facebook post, but I don't have the numbers for each piece yet, because I have no idea how many pieces I will get out of it just yet. I did do a breakdown if it was ten pieces though so you can get an idea. By the numbers, it is the most keto thing you can eat. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

     I have not written the final part of The Violet Dahlia. it has been so hard to get in the right frame of mind for it, but I'm going to hunker down and get it done tomorrow. If I don't, you won't see it on Saturday Morning. Anyway peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment