Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Good News Bad News

     Before I get to anything, I want to talk about the show I just finished watching. It is called The Rookie, and it stars Nathan Fillion. You may know him from Castle, or if you go way back, Two Guys A Girl And A Pizza Place. Yeah, they later shortened that one to just Two Guys and a girl. Anyway, The Rookie is about a guy in his mid 40's who has a life changing experience and he decides that he wants to be a cop. He gets rid of everything and moves to LA and joins the police academy, makes it through and starts his life as a police offer with L.A.P.D. and it isn't going well, because the Sargent is out to get rid of him. There have only been two episodes so far, and they have been great. I do believe the creators of Castle had something to do with this show, but I'm not sure. If you are a fan of Nathan Fillion, and who isn't, then you will like this show.

     Now on to the show that is my life. I buckled down so far this week and have tentatively completed two chapters of The Patchwork Knight. I say tentatively, because I finished chapter 54, but then I thought that I might be able to expand on it, so I left it as a draft and haven't scheduled it yet. It is at a spot where it would be a smooth end for that chapter, but I feel there is more story to tell there. I'll take another look at it tomorrow and see. I had to stop today, because I had to go and do another TPR tasting. I got some news for you, there is going to be something in this video that may surprise you. I won't say what it is, but you can watch it on Nov. 8th. I'm telling you, this one is different.

     I got some bad news Sunday evening. Morty is going to have to go back to the vet for his hematoma. I noticed on Sunday evening that it had come back. I was hoping to get him in on Monday, but the first available appointment was 9:30 tomorrow morning. He may have to go through the whole thing all over again, and that means more time with the E collar. I'm really bummed, because this is going to be another costly visit to the vet, so I guess it's a good thing that I decided not to buy that other motorcycle. Things have a way of working out sometimes.

     Speaking of the motorcycle, I did get a few Remember When videos put together. The first one will go up tomorrow. Just a short little hit of a video. These weren't my plan. I wanted to do a review of the new sandwich from Burger King. It is called the Nightmare King. It is a beef patty, a crispy chicken patty, bacon, onion and mayo on a green sesame seed bun. They call it the Nightmare King because it induces nightmares. No, not because you are eating a ridiculously heart attack inducing sandwich. They supposedly did actual studies on the sandwich and people that ate it, and due to the high protein content of the sandwich, it interrupted REM sleep and caused nightmares. They haven't released any documents about this study, but they claim it is legit.

     Burger says that this is in limited locations, it turns out that none of those locations are anywhere near me. I had hoped to do the review of that sandwich so that none of you had to actually try it for yourself. I was going to fall on the sword for you, but alas, poor Horatio, I do not get that chance. I think it could have been a fun video, that could have gotten me a few views, but it is not meant to be.

     Oh yeah, because Morty has to go to the vet tomorrow, I won't be able to go to Universal. I was really looking forward to it too, since the weather has finally broken from being a blazing hot sun, to what should be a Florida summer day. Temperatures in the mid to upper 80's. It's been down right pleasant these last couple of days. Maybe I will change it up and go on Friday. I don't believe I have anything to do, but that of course could change, depending on Morty's vet visit tomorrow. I'm hoping that they can just remove the scab from his ear and drain the blood from the hematoma, but I think that may just be hopeful thinking on my part.

     Time for the most important thing of today, and that is Favorite Song of the Week. I have been hearing this song quite a bit lately, and it's catchy enough that I had to find out what it was. I of course found out what it is, but I want to see if you know where this song is from. I will give you a hint, it has been featured on a commercial of a well known product. Tell me what the product is, and i will give you a bonus point. The groups is Young Fathers, and the song is "Toy".




     If you know what commercial that is from, then you know that the video is quite a bit different from it. That is the end of what I have for you tonight. Until Thursday, peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment