Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Want Your Picture Taken

     I'm thinking about doing something incredibly stupid. What is it you ask? I'm playing with the idea of buying another motorcycle. As you should know by now. I have wanted a mini moto for some time now. I've looked at the Honda Grom, and the Kawasaki Z 125 Pro. They are fun little bikes. With only 125 cc motors, they only reach top speeds of about 65 MPH. They are more about fun than speed. A new bike came into the market this year, and it is called the Benelli TnT 135. Yep, that 135 refers to a 135 cc motor, so it does have a little bit more speed to it, but more importantly, it has more torque. Horsepower and speed are great but all the fun lies in torque. Anyway, it is an Italian designed and engineered bike, but it is made in China, so that keeps the price down quite a bit from what it's Japanese counterparts are. A new Grom or Z125 will run you around $3200. A brand new Benelli will run you $2500. That is of course the retail price, once they add all those little things like taxes, destination fees, disposal fees, some other fees. $3200 becomes $4500, and $2500 becomes $3200. That is why this is a stupid idea.

     Money is something I can make more of. I'm not worried about that, what I am worried about, is the lost time. That $3200 takes a month away from me in doing the writing, video making, and any other creative project that comes into my life. That is the one thing that is holding me up on buying this bike. It would be fun. I could do things with this little bike that I can't do with Saki. I could make more fun videos on it, off road adventures. I'll tell you what. I'll just post this picture of it, so that you can see how it looks.


     It has that Italian design all over it. Trellis frame, the dual exhaust, the license plate bracket on a tire hugger. It's a great looking bike for a really cheap price. Oh, I have one other problem. The only place that sells this bike, just so happens to be in the middle of the state, and I have no way of getting it home. I contacted the dealership and asked what the out the door price would be, and if they could some how deliver it to me, or maybe somewhere in the area. They haven't gotten back to me on those specific things yet. I did get a call from a salesperson today wanting to schedule a time for me to come and look at it. I was busy writing today, so it went to voicemail and I haven't called back. Maybe when I call back I can get some of those answers. I plan on paying in cash, so no financing will be necessary. Dealers hate that. They make their money on interest. Cash buy out, means no interest. I'll call tomorrow. I can't go to see it until next week some time anyway. I'll keep you up to date on the haps of this little idea.

     As I said, I was busy today. I was writing, and then I was doing a little photography, but while I was doing that, I was making a video for tomorrow. It's not going to go up early though. I haven't even begun on the video. I did do some light edits on the pictures I took, and I got some good ones. A friend of mine helped me out and procured the help of a model. In my head, I kept seeing this image, and my goal was to make that image come to life, and I did. I'll share with you a couple of pictures from the shoot. I posted a few more on instagram, and I will be putting some in the video which will go up in the afternoon time. Keep an eye out for it.



     The first picture is the image that I had in my head, and the second one, is one that I wanted to get for a few years now, but never had the chance. The second one is my favorite of all of them. I'm glad I got it..

     Quick cough update: It is getting less and less with each day that passes. I still have it. I'm tired of it, and I want it to be gone, but it is persistent. It's worse when I eat, or when I go long periods without drinking anything. It has felt different the last two days, so I'm taking that as I good sign.

     Now it's time for Favorite Song of the Week. You already know what's coming especially if you read Sunday nights post. Yes it's Twenty One Pilots. They just released their album Trench and with it came the newest official video, so I can't pass that up. Here is Twenty One Pilots with "My Blood".



     There is a lot going on in that video, but I will leave it up to you as to what you get from it. Great song and great video. Tomorrow is a busy day. I have to put together that video, and then work on one for Sunday. I have no idea what that is going to be, so wish me luck. I'm also going to work a little more with those pictures. Peace in and goodnight.

1 comment: