Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Life Of An Amateur Photographer

     I figured that I would write this a little early today, since I have the time, and don't feel like staying up to midnight writing it tonight. I have another model that wants to shoot with me on the bike. I agreed to do it, but I have my reservations. The first of which is, that I already got the shots that I wanted with the bike. Second of which, is that I don't want to be the guy that does girls on bike pictures. There is nothing wrong with that, and quite a few people make a great living doing just that, but that isn't why I got into photography.

     When I started a while ago, I played around with different types of photography, and the one that always caught my eye the most, was landscape photography. I love the beauty of the land and all the it holds and wanted to capture that and share it with people. There is a problem with that though, I'm terrible at landscape photography. It is the one type that I can't translate what I see into photograph from. Because of that, I have moved on to another style. It began mostly with taking pictures of plant life and insects, and I enjoyed that for a while, but when I started taking photographs of Saki with old buildings in the background, I found that I could turn my love of old buildings into the type of photographs that I want to take. I'm pretty good at it too.

     This model will only shoot at a certain time, and it's not the time that I like to shoot, so I have decide to go ahead with the shoot, but it isn't my shoot, it's her's. I will get good pictures, but they won't be the ones that I want to take. The lighting will be wrong for the type of pictures I want, and it will more than likely be hot. Although I have checked the weather app, and it says that it should be in the upper 70's the day of the shoot. It was in the mid 90's today when I was out scouting locations.

     Speaking of scouting locations, I wanted to share with you my test shots. These are with my phone and only to get the idea of the locations and what I can expect in shadows and what not. I would love to hear which location you think would be the best. I already have the model's choice, I want to see if you line up more with my thinking of a good location or her's.

Choice A
Choice B
Choice C
Choice D
Choice E
Choice F

     That's all of them, and what I spent a good portion of the day doing.  I had to travel around and find locations that fit the needs of the shoot. Had to be somewhat private so that we won't be bothered by looky lous. I don't want interruptions when I shoot. I'm focused, fast, and efficient. I don't expect to be shooting for more than a half an hour. I can already see the shots in my head, and I only have to recreated them with the camera. I'm not going to tell you either the location that I would have chosen, or the one that she chose, just that we defiantly differed on our opinions. I did make sure that I picked places that I would be able to shoot properly, so I have no worries that I won't get really good pictures. I would just prefer to do it my way, and not someone else's, so I made sure the locations were ones that I found.

     With that out of the way, I got new glasses. That's right, they came in, and it is a whole new look for me. I took this little old vs. new shot so that you can compare them yourself.



     I'm really liking the new look, so it doesn't really mater what anyone else thinks. I think this is me from now on. No more black frames, and Ray Ban Wayfarers all the way. I do need to go back and have them adjusted a bit. They felt really comfortable when I put them on at the store, but after a few hours, they were digging into my nose, so I will go back tomorrow and get that little adjustment taken care of, and they will be true and proper.

     It's time for Favorite Song of the Week. I saw this artist live for the first time, when I saw Twenty One Pilots at the first House of Blues show in Orlando that I went to. He opened for them and his stage show was truly amazing. He creates samples so that he can play live, and he programs Nintendo joysticks and all kinds of other things to make the sounds. In this video, it looks like he has finally added a band behind him, but that first show I saw still tops most other shows I have ever seen. He even used marbles on a snare drum to get a particular sound for one of his songs. Incredible. His name is Robert DeLong, and he writes great songs, and this one is no exception to that rule. Here is Robert DeLong with "Revolutionary".


     That is good stuff right there, and if you ever hear of him coming to your town, go see him, you won't regret it. I'm out of here. I have my TPR partner coming over soon to see the new video that will come out on Nov. 1st. Don't forget that we have a review going up this Thursday. Find out what we thought of Michelli's. That was my shameless plug to get you to check it out. Did it work?
 Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment