Thursday, October 4, 2018

Morty Is Going For Surgery.

     I started the day by waking up far too early. Still having trouble sleeping. I then had to wait around until I took Morty to the Vet. Morty has a hematoma on his ear and it has to be removed. Today was only the first visit, and it was expensive. Tomorrow is his actual surgery to drain the hematoma and that is even more expensive. This advances my schedule a little bit, and I may have to find a job sooner than expected. That means less time to write, and create videos, for both myself and the TPR. I still have time to get things done, but it's starting to run out just a little bit faster.

     I got the new GoPro in the mail yesterday, and I played around with it a little, but I'm still in the process of making the comparison video. If it's not raining tomorrow, I will get the bulk of the filming done so that I can work on that a little before it's Sunday release. I have to do it in stages, because GoPro separated my order and didn't send the Micro SD card, so I have to go back and forth with transferring the SD card from camera to camera. The major problem with that, is that I am going to need all three Heros to get a certain shot that I want, and the SD card won't be her until Friday, so I have to hold off on that footage until I get that SD card. A creatives work is never done. Here is a picture of the new GoPro Hero 7 Black. The did some slight changes to the case, but the camera looks basically the same.


     I have to say, that I like the touch of putting the 7 on the side of it. It's also on the camera in the same spot. I like when a company adds just a little detail like that. The camera works basically the same as the Hero 5 Black, but the touch screen is a little different, and it's going to take some time to get used to. I'll have to make sure to get some shots of that in the video, just to compare the screens. Since I'm so used to the format of the Hero 5, it has caused me some trouble with the 7. I'll figure it all out. Oh yeah, there is also the new voice commands that it has. I need to look up what all of them are. I of course know; record, stop, turn off, but they added "That was sick". When you say that, it tags the footage in that spot so that you can find it when editing, but that only works with GoPro's editing software. So that won't change the way I do things, but it is fun to say and watch the screen light up with the tag.

     We filmed another TPR yesterday, but more importantly, a new review went up today, so I'm of course going to share the video with you. Here it is, our review of NY Pizza Spot & Italian Kitchen.



     I'm coming off the let down of the Special that we did, so I'm am expecting nothing from this video. I haven't been checked the numbers for it yet, and I'm not completely sure that I will check them tonight. I know what you are saying, "but you just pulled the video to put it on here, you had to see the numbers." I pulled it from my subscription page on YouTube, and the numbers that are on the video for everyone to see, are misleading. The numbers are tabulated for a certain amount of time, and then it stops for a period of time, until everything catches up. The video as of right now, says 11 views, but chances are that it is quite a bit more than that. I can see the actual numbers in the Creators Studio, but I have to switch my account over from CS to TPR in order to see those numbers, and as I just said, I'm not really up for doing that tonight, so I'm just going to leave it.

     Oh, real important. Tonight in my guitar class, we worked on "The Man Who Sold the World: by David Bowie. It wasn't that hard, but there are definitely some truly unique things to that song. The opening part is only two notes, but there is a bend in one of them to give it that certain sound. It's real fun. My teacher also asked me if I sing along as I'm playing. I told him that I try, but I always fail. I haven't brought it up lately, because there isn't much point in it, but when I try to sing and play, one of them stops, so that the other can continue. He has decided that next week we are going to work on a song that should be easy to play and I can work on figuring out how to sing and play at the same time. This is going to be a ton of fun. That's sarcasm if you didn't get the nuance. I'm up for the challenge though, because, why not. I got nothing better to do, and if I can learn how to do something that I previously didn't know how to do, then that is a bonus.

     I have to go to bed now. Got to wake up early to take Morty in for his surgery. He won't have to stay overnight there, but he will be gone for a good 5 hours or so, then he gets a super cool eCollar. That is that cone they put on animals after surgeries so that they don't tear open their stitches. I'll get a picture of Morty in it, so you can get to see him. Oh, finally got a weight on him. He is coming in at 72.6 lbs. Quite a bit more than when he came into my life, and I still can't figure out why. I don't over feed him, and when he goes outside, he runs around like a banshee. They said they may find something in the blood work that could explain that, or maybe they won't. It could be that he is just happy and content. I'm hoping for that one, but I would still like him to lose weight. Weight on animals is dangerous, and cuts years from their lives, so I want Morty around as long as possible. Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment