Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Are Goals Really Everything?

     I have yet to write the article for Wednesdays post on howuketo.com. I just haven't settled on a topic yet. I already have Fridays done. I have time, because I was planning on a 3pm release for Wednesday, so if I get cracking on it first thing in the morning, I will have it done and ready to post by 10am. That's the goal.

     Speaking of goals, I thought I could talk about that and how I'm doing on the 100 days, but since I just published that yesterday, it seems a tad early, so that one is out, but I can give you and update here. It is day 6 as of right now, and I'm good on everything except reading. Only because I haven't read tonight, but I will do that as soon as I'm done with this, so it's going well. 6 days is easy though, I have 94 more to go, so anything could happen. I don't want to slip up on this, I think it is an incredible idea, to change just a small thing that can have a huge impact on your lifestyle.

     I have been sticking to my 1000 calories or less this week as well. I have been OMAD so far, with the exception of Sunday, and it's been good. It has been 24 hour gaps between meals so far, and tomorrow will start a string of 23 hour fasts. Tomorrow is also my last meal with a large amount of fats. Thursday begins the protein only. Once again, protein only means that they bulk of my meal will be protein, with fat and carbs only being less than 10 grams if I can help it. I also thought about writing about fats. You know, good fats and bad fats, and where you can get the good versus the bad. Still a thought at this point. I'll have it done by my deadline. Then I have to start all over again for Monday.

     It's time for Favorite Thing of the Week. Yeah I wrote that write, remember when I said it wouldn't always be FSOTW? Well its time for FTOTW. So here it is. I have been scouring YouTube for fitness videos in hopes to learn more things, and to add to my repertoire of exercises for calisthenics and what not. I came across Strength Side, and he does some pretty wild stuff, that is all body weight oriented. No gym required. Even though these movements seem easy to do, it takes a lot of things to get them done, and he is very good at explaining ways for beginners to have a way to work your way up to the mastery that he has. Give this video a chance and give it a try yourself, especially if you think it is easy peasy.



     I have to tell you, I've been doing some of the things I have learned from his videos at home and at the gym, and it has made big difference already in how mobile I am. I don't have the flexibility to do it as well as he does it, but it will come with time. I'm leaning more and more to body weight type of workouts over heavy lifting. I still do the heavy lifting, and I love it, but I find myself more and more doing more low weight high rep, and more body weight oriented exercises, and I'm loving how it is making me feel and look. I'm actually excited about picture day coming up this Sunday. That should tell you something. This is in spite of the fact that I'm nowhere near goal, but as I said, my goal is being stretched and I will hit that 150 milestone, it will just happen a little later.

     That reminds me, I'm dropping the time limit for hitting 150. I'm just going to keep on trucking until I do hit it. Then the big decision is what do I do next. Gaining fat is not an option, so I'm not going to be one of those fit to fat and back again. I'm staying fit, for so many reasons which involve a healthy lifestyle. I got this

     I'm out. Got some reading to do, and then AGT to watch Peace in and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment