Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Video Is Done And AGT Started Tonight

     I have Sunday's video done and uploaded. It is ready to go at 6 AM on Sunday morning. It's not the video I intended to make. I went for another Remember When, and when you see this one, you will see why I had to do this one now. There was a bit of a time crunch in order to do this one, so it had to be done. I will do that other video eventually, but that is one of those videos that I can do anytime. It's a back pocket idea. I have a few of those, and they won't be brought out until I need them, and it turns out, that I didn't need it this week.

     I've decided to wear the GoPro when I ride in in the morning, for at least a little while. I might just come up with something I want to talk about when I'm going to and from work, so if anything comes to mind, I'll blurt it out, and make a video of it. This is just a new way of thinking, so If it works, then you will have content to look at, and if it doesn't, then I'll try something else.

     It's only going to be a four day week for me, and then I have to do another PR on Saturday. The video for the latest one that we have done, will go up on Thursday evening, and the blog will go up the following morning. I hope you give it a view and a read, since we didn't get much push on the last one. I'm at a loss now, for how to get more viewers. We hit a mark on one of them, and I thought that was going to be a turning point, but it's gone downhill from there. I enjoy the process, but I hate the waiting to see something happen. I think from now on, I'm just going to post it, and then leave it alone. I won't check the numbers or anything. It will live or die on it's own, and I will be none the wiser until I have to post something new, and wander across the numbers at that time.

     America's Got Talent started anew tonight, and they had some really good acts on. I'm getting tired of Simon's schtick though, so I could do without him, but the acts were good. There was one in particular that caught me. It's wan't the golden buzzer act, but in my eyes, it deserved to be. It was a trio of siblings, that were singing a song about their mother who had passed away a year or so before, due to cancer. You don't get to see the video piece that the show did for them prior to their performance, but I can fill you in a bit. From the time their mother was diagnosed, they only had 4 months of time left with her, so her passing was tough on them. They found an old journal of their mother's in the attic, that documented her own mother passing when she was young, and it let the kids know that she understood what they were going through, since she was having the same feelings then. The song they wrote is from the perspective of their mother saying goodbye to them, in the final month of her life. I am also making this my Favorite Song of the Week. It's that good. Here is We Three with "Heavens Not Too Far Away".



     There wasn't a dry eye in that auditorium after that performance, and I'm suspecting that your eyes are a bit wet as well. After they were finished, the judges remarked about how great the singers voices were, and they were great, but no one seemed to notice that the drummer was also playing keyboard. How do you just gloss over that fact. For that alone, they should have gone through to the next round, everything else should have garnered them the golden buzzer. Maybe the judges felt they can do it on their own. If they keep playing songs like that, they will.

    Short one tonight, I really don't have much to talk about, that's the problem with an uneventful holiday, it doesn't lead to any good stories. Peace in and goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment